Sunday, May 20, 2012

It's No Risk

Sitting in my easy chair
Sipping on my wine
Remote in hand, channel surfing
Wish I could feel fine
What is this show I'm watching?
What could it be?
They're singing about Jesus
Is this Church on TV?
The music's really something
I'm touched in my heart
I know that I'm a sinner, but,
Could I have a brand new start?
They're singing, "It's no risk,
Take a step toward Him
Recieve eternal life
Let the Lord live within"
I fill my bowl with peanuts
Wipe from my eye a tear
Now, where's that shopping network?
Why do I keep coming back here?
Pastor's saying, "Know the truth
And it will set you free"
But aren't I free already?
This joint tastes good to me
I say, "Well, what the hell?"
Oops cussing isn't right
I want to give my heart to God
But my throat's getting tight
I put my hands together
I get down on my knees
Show me how to pray, now
Jesus, help me please
I look into the mirror
Am I still the same?
What could have changed within me?
I know
He's taken all the blame!

No comments:

Post a Comment