Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Don't Forget To Smell The Roses



There has been a question going through my mind, it seems like, all of the time lately.  I’m not sure when this question got stuck in my head, but I know it’s been there for months.

I recently saw a picture on face book of twins in a womb.  One twin was saying to the other twin, “Do you think there is anything out there after this?”

The Bible tells me that there is something after this life on Earth, but what?  I know there is a Heaven but what goes on there?  What is this life in this world for?

I have been spending a lot of time sitting on the edge of my bed, the TV on, but my mind is not into it.  Why watch TV?  Why do I do all of the things that I do every day, over and over and over?  I feel lost, like I’ve been wandering through a desert, just going through the motions.  Honestly, I feel useless, hopeless and aimless.  

Are we all just hanging out, like a child in a womb until we are done developing to a certain degree and then we move on?  

God told the Israelites not to be afraid or discouraged, after He had taken them out of Egypt.  But the people complained that the Lord hated them, that He brought them out of Egypt just to destroy them.  Again God tells them to not be afraid or this time, terrified.  God said that He had carried them as a father carried a child.

Twelve men went to check out the land that God was going to give them, the land of milk and honey.  The twelve saw men the size of giants and they were afraid.  

With all of their complaining and not trusting Him, God was mad.  The Israelites decided that they would fight but this time it was too late, God said that he wasn’t going to help them.  They blew it.

The people wept before the Lord and the Bible says He paid no attention to the weeping and He turned a deaf ear to them.  The Lord tells them that He has been with them all of the forty years that they had been in the desert, and that they had lacked nothing.  

The Lord led them here and there, until all of the people that disobeyed him had died, before he took the rest into the land.  

It’s not time to know what is next for me, but now I know that God is carrying me, and that I will not lack anything, at least His idea of not lacking.  So, I will try not to hurry, not to worry and I will try to stop and smell the roses.  

No comments:

Post a Comment