Thursday, July 4, 2013

What Do You Want From Life?



I’ve been a Christian for 24 years and it’s just lately I’ve been feeling very different about how I pray, that is, I’ve been learning not to pray in such a self centered way.

In my church, last weekend, our pastor said that there is an, “I” in the middle of, “sin” and an, “I” in the middle of, “pride”.  This made me realize that I have been putting myself in the middle of all of my prayers.  I pray, “God help ME”.  Since then, I’ve been praying more for others and I’ve been asking God what He wants for me, instead of trying to decide what I think is best for myself and praying for that. 

Matthew 28:18 Jesus said to his disciples, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.  Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them everything I have commanded you.”  This is called the Great Commission, and it is what we as Christians are supposed to be doing and I believe that is what I should be praying for.  I need to praying for and working toward bringing others to Christ.

Not that I believe it’s wrong to pray for our own needs but I do believe we have to put others needs next to or before ours.  And as the Great Commission shows, I am to help my family and neighbors become Christians.  Now, how is it that I should do that?  

I love most music and the other day I noticed that the few kinds of music that I don’t listen to, (rap and country) I have been liking more and more.  How did that happen?  I noticed that a lot of musician’s are using other types of music in their own music, like a rock song with some rap in it, it not only makes the music more enjoyable to listen to, but I am loving rap and even country.  Using something that others are enjoying already, and incorporating Christian principles into it so it will seem more familiar to them and they can start loving Christ.       

 One more example is, my Mom used to crush up asperin and add at to sugar.  She would add a bit of water and give it to me to help with pain, I used to get a lot of headaches and I couldn’t swallow pills very well.  She would put something I didn’t like into something that I did like so that I would take it.  That is how I believe I can get some to give their hearts to God. 

So pray for your own needs but also pray for family and friends that aren’t saved to join us in believing Jesus is the only way to everlasting life.  And after praying for others, use things you know to help friends, family, neighbors to learn about your Christian walk, and life sp that they too can be saved.    







No comments:

Post a Comment