Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Carol

lyricoc@yahoo.com

I love my sister, Carol, She’s funny, smart and easy going.  The thing that has always impressed me the most about her is that she always has something good to say about everyone.  I also had a friend that had bad things to say about people.  At one time I found her interesting.  I listened to all the gossip she had on everyone and found myself joining right in.
     
One day it hit me, if this friend is saying bad things about other friends, to me, I wonder what she is saying about me behind my back.  I started to feel uncomfortable every time I was with her.  I was conscious of every move I made, always wondering if she was going to pick out something negative to say about me, when I wasn’t around.  I didn’t like the way that made me feel.
     
And then there was Carol, what I saw in her made me feel good.  I always knew that if she brought up my name when I wasn’t around it would be to say something positive that she saw in me.
     
My prayer is that in Christ those character qualities that so impressed me about my sister, Carol, will also be seen in me.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment