Thursday, May 29, 2014

It Could Be Me



I see a woman day by day
At the bus bench where she lay
Where’s her family, where’s her kin?
No one helps, or lets her in

Clothes look dirty, old and worn
Her rough face, dour, forlorn
Dark, sun weathered, leather skin
I long to help, where to begin

Ignored by people passing by
All I want to do is cry
She carries all she owns in tow
Neighbors want to see her go

Desolation in her eyes
Disgust from others passing by
Distrust in her grave, helpless voice
Is living on the street her choice?

What can I do to help this girl
All alone in this harsh world
I pray for God to heal her heart
And that is how it all should start

This homeless child of God, could be me
That’s what everyone should see
In this big world, when feeling blue
Remember this, it could be you!


No comments:

Post a Comment