Sunday, December 23, 2012

For Elizabeth

I pray that God comforts you
I pray He heals your heart
I pray that He will make you whole
And lend a brand new start

I pray tomorrow you will wake 
To sunshine and a smile
I pray tomorrow you will find
Strength to walk that extra mile

I pray for you to find a love
Who'll treat you like a queen
I pray that he will always give
With nothing in between

I pray you take your children's hands
And hold them in yours, tight
I pray they give their loving hearts
To cherish with all might

I know through all these trials and grief
You'll soar to heights above
Petty motives, hardened hearts
Defeated before a mother's love

So in these darkened hours
When it's dawn you're searching for
Keep your focus on Jesus Christ
He's standing right at your door

No comments:

Post a Comment