Sunday, January 27, 2013

Writer




When my kids were babies, I spent so much time feeding them, taking care of them, holding them, I did everything for them.  As they grew, They started doing some things for themselves but I was there to help them.  When they started walking I held their hand, and soon they were walking on their own.  All my kids are grown and doing things on their own now.  My boys still live with me but my other three even have their own places.  
     
I took a writing class when I was in high school.  I had read many books about writing but never knew what I heard in this class.  This teacher taught us something I had never thought about before.  This teacher said that if a story is well written then there is a purpose for everything.  I started looking for that in the next books that I read, which were mystery novels.  I did see that nothing in the story happened just to fill space.  Everything meant something, and it all connected in the end.  
     
I started writing when I was about 30 and living in Anaheim.  I didn’t write too much before that time, maybe some poems but no stories.  After becoming a Christian, I think that God had decided that I would write, because I would get stories word for word, like a gift from God.  And I knew they were from God because I would get the story in the middle of the night.  I would wake up with the whole story in my mind, and I couldn’t get back to sleep until I got up and wrote it down.  
     
It was at those times I feel God had me in his arms, feeding me these stories when I first started, then He held my hand as I wrote some of the stories, and now I feel like he is standing back watching me giving me room to write these stories on my own.  And at times I am wishing that He was still here spoon feeding me but I know that I have to grow up and do it on my own.  I also know that all the things that Have happened to me and are happing to me are for a reason, maybe not so much before I became a Christian but now I look at the things that are happening and I can see that God doesn’t fill our time with empty space, everything is for a reason.
     
I thank God for this gift he has given me of writing, I thank Him for being there like a good father does, standing back watching over me, letting me do this writing on my own now. And I am glad to know that this is all for a reason, a purpose, I may not know the purpose now but I know that there will be a conclusion to my life where he wraps everything up and it will all make sense one day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment