Monday, March 17, 2014

A Record Of Wrongs

lyricoc@yahoo.com  I would so appreciate a word or two!!  Thank you in advance!   Connie


I am still learning to listen for Gods voice.  I am also learning to be obedient to God.  One thing that I have learned is, what might seem like foolishness to some, is not foolishness if God tells you to do it.     

My husband Mark, and I were arguing. I was growing tired of the argument so I prayed, “God, tell me how to end this argument.”

I got a strong feeling to just let it go.  So I went to Mark and said I was sorry.  He accepted my apology, but I just felt that things weren’t right.  We were still being cold to each other.  I didn’t know what to do, so again, I prayed for Gods help.  I got an answer that I wasn’t expecting, and I just didn’t see how it would change anything.     

I had been keeping a diary.  Actually it was more like a record of wrongs.  I told myself that I needed it to show Mark all the things that I felt he was doing wrong.  Then God spoke to me, “ Get rid of the diary.”

But stubborn me, I couldn’t see how that would change anything.  But the next morning, I tore up the diary, and threw it in the trash.

In Exodus the Israelites were arguing with Moses.  They accused Moses of leading them into the desert to die of thirst.  Moses called out to God.  God told Moses to take his staff and hit a large rock with it.  

In Exodus 17:6 God said, “I will stand there before you by the Rock of Horeb.  Strike the rock, and water will come out of it for the people to drink.”

Moses struck the rock and water flowed out.     

After disposing of the record of wrongs, it was barely a half an hour later when Mark came to me and asked sweetly, “Can we start over.”

Wow!  We forgave each other and decided to recommit and build a stronger relationship.  
Tearing up some papers didn’t seem like an answer to me. I’m sure that before Moses hit that rock, he wasn’t sure what to expect either.  I thought that I had to be in control. I had to show Mark, a thing or two. Being obedient to God was more important than being right.  And to my surprise, God worked fast and perfectly.  

  


      

No comments:

Post a Comment