Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Father-Teacher

My Dad, a Father, a teacher
Knowledge he earned through the years
I can smile as I think back
Then I blink away a few tears

Three years since he's passed
Into Heaven to wait
We will be together again
God only knows the time or the date

We really had a house full
Seven at home, when I was small
He taught me so many things
Though I wasn't the best child of all

Dad, older and wiser than me
Just knows the best way to teach
For him it came so natural
Though I was a little hard to reach

His hands were worn by years of work
I noticed as he pointed to the lawn mower motor
Fingers that are rough but strong
He said, "This is a spark plug, this is a rotor

His stature, tall and slim
He had my full attention
He said, "It works the same
As most any car engine"

Auto mechanics is one thing he taught
As Dad explained this working engine
I think of his dark hair, dark eyes
Then he pointed out the piston

The Lord made us in His image
Myself and my Dad, who I am a part of
I will always be his child
And filled with his undying love

The teacher with a huge heart
Is one more memory for me to hold
I pray for the happiness he possessed
As each new day unfolds

No comments:

Post a Comment