Saturday, September 3, 2011

Down the Road

Come rain or come shine
nets out, he stands fishing
"Come Simon Peter, be fishers of men!"
there's time on my mind but not for the wishing
Come follow me down the road

Jesus ate with Levi
when no one else would
"I'll say it once, no more taxes"
slap on your slippers and hood
then follow me down the road

With carpenter leading
Blessed be the poor
come out from your homes
leave open your doors
and follow me down the road

One man under authority, a soldier
tell him to go and he'll go
gets down on his knees
I'm your servant for all to know
I'll follow you down the road

Can a blind man lead a blind man?
No, both will fall in a pit
bad trees bear bad fruit
so there they both will sit
get up and follow me down the road

Wake up, and be born twice
hear Jesus, pleading
He's died for the living
with his words he is leading
us all the way down the road

Your heart is the question
the work doesn't save
don't listen to Christ
end up in the grave
please, lets all follow Him down the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment