Monday, September 19, 2011

Kidney Infection

     In April of 1990, I got a kidney infection.  I had a fever of 104, and my back hurt so bad that my husband, Mark, took me to the emergency room.  After some tests, they prescribed antibiotics.  For two days, it was a struggle just getting out of bed, and I wasn't able to work for a full week.
     I was saved in April of 1992.  I felt full of faith and I totally believed that Jesus healed.  Shortly after that, I got another kidney infection.  As before, Mark wanted to take me to the emergency room.  I said, "No."  I asked him to pray for me.  We agreed that if I wasn't better in two hours, I would let him take me to the hospital.  I had a 104 degree fever and I could hardly walk.  I felt completely desperate for God to heal me, and I had no doubt that He would.
     Two hours later, Mark took my temperature.  It had gone down and my pain was subsiding.  The next morning the pain was completely gone, I was totally healed!  In fact, I never felt better.  I felt so good, Mark and I went to work, sign painting.  We worked more than eight hours that day, up and down ladders, painting windows and I felt great.
     That was a real miracle, but soon after, I did something dumb, I started to doubt.  I started to think that maybe it was the garlic and cranberry juice that I took, that was a big mistake.
     Wouldn't you know it, April of 1994, I got another kidney infection.  I was pregnant at the time.  Mark said a prayer for me, but I didn't feel as desperate as before, because I was depending on the garlic and cranberry juice instead of God.  Over the next week I got worse until I had a fever of 104, then I was desperate for God to heal me.  I asked God to forgive me and I knew that if I was going to get better it was going to be because of what Jesus did on the cross.  God did heal me, but it wasn't as dramatic as before.  I did realize at that moment that the cranberry and garlic did nothing that last time, It had been Jesus and all his glory.
     I had to see an OB, because I was pregnant and she asked if I had any health problems since I became pregnant.  I told her about the kidney infection.  The doctor asked how I got rid of it.  I said, "Cranberry juice, garlic and God."  She said that it must have been God because there is no way cranberry juice and garlic can get rid of a kidney infection.

1 peter 2:24, "He Himself bore our sins in His body on the tree so that we might die to sin and live for righteousness, and by his wounds you have been healed."

No comments:

Post a Comment