Sunday, September 4, 2011

A Record of Wrongs

     I am still learning to listen for Gods voice.  I am also learning to be obedient to God.  One of the things that I have learned is, what might seem like foolishness to some is not foolishness if God tells you to do it.
     My husband Mark and I have been together for 22 years.  We have had many arguments, most in the begining of our relationship.  With Gods help, we have been working that out, but once in a while we still argue.  this was one of those times. 
     Mark and I were arguing, I was growing tired of the argument so I prayed, "God, tell me how to end this argument."  I got a strong feeling to just let it go.  I went to Mark and I said I was sorry.  He accepted my apology, but I just felt that things weren't right between us.  We were still being cold to each other.  I didn't know how to resolve this so again, I prayed for Gods help.  I got an answer that I wasn't expecting, and I knew it had to be God because, I couldn't see how it would change anything.
     I've always kept a diary.  Actually it was more like a record of wrongs.  I told myself that I needed it to show Mark, all the things that I felt he was doing wrong.  Then God spoke to me, "Get rid of the diary."  But stuborn me, I couldn't see how that would change anything, but the next morning, I did tear up my diary and throw it in the trash.
     A half an hour later, mark came in to me and asked, sweetly, "Can we start over?"  Wow!  We forgave each other and decided to recommit to each other and build a stronger relationship.
     Tearing up some papers didn't seem like the answer, to me.  I thought that I had to be in control and that I had to show Mark a thing or two.  But being obedient was more important than being right. And to my surprise, God worked fast and perfectly.
     Here is a list of a few things that I learned that has helped our relationship:

     1. Submit yourself to god
     2. Always seek Gods answer in everything
     3. Encourage, don't tear down
     4. Let go of all frustration and anger
     5. Don't ignor the bad things, they will eventually build up inside of you.  Defend your position in love and peace, without anger for the health of the relationship.

1 comment:

  1. I love to read my wifes work. Her stories are so filled with from the heart encouragement. I know that these stories are from personal experiences because I have had the good fortune to be her husband for over 22years.

    I love you doll, keep writting!

    M

    ReplyDelete