Thursday, September 29, 2011

School

     I graduated high school in 1979.  Just after that I got married and had kids.  I never had the time to go back to school. and I've always felt a bit ashmed of that.  And sometimes I've even felt like a failure by the worlds standards, that was until I looked at my life with Christian colored glasses on.
     I've been writing short stories about my experiences and the Christian lessons that I've learned, since 1995, around the time my youngest son was born.
     Once in a while I take one of the stories over to my Mom, if I think it's something she might like.  About a month ago, I brought her a story called, " The Blood."  She read the story, looked up at me and said, "How do you know all of this?"  She being 82 years old, and a lifetime Catholic, asking me how I know all of this, was a compliment.  I answered, "I studied the Bible, Mom."
     Later, when I had time to really think about it, I realized that there was more to it than that.  I did study the bible, 2 Timothy 2: 15 says, "Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, A workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of Truth."
     I have also been taught by the Holy Spirit, Hebrews, 10: 15 says, "The Holy Spirit also testifies to us about this.  First He says, this is the covenant I will make with them after that time, says the Lord.  I will put my laws in their hearts and I will write them on their minds,"  Also 1 John 2: 27 says, "As for you, the anointing you received from Him, remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you.  But as His anointing teaches you about all the things and as the anointing is real, not counterfeit- just as it has taught you, remain in Him."
     As in school, I have been tested and re-tested as you can see in Thessalonians 2: 4, "We speak as men approved by God, who tests our hearts."
     I may not have a lot of money, or have a degree from a prominent school, but I feel that I have been schooled since I became a Christian.  I still have a long way to go, but when I graduate, I will have accomplished something very special.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment