Monday, November 21, 2011

Dedication

     My Mom was born and raised in Germany.  Over the years, she has told me many wonderful stories.  Some of her stories were happy and some times she talked about the war, and those weren't so happy.  The story that she loves the best is how she met my father, and American soldier, stationed in Germany after the war.  But the story I'm going to tell is about Christmas Eve when she was eighteen years old.
     How I understnd it, in Germany at the time of World War two, if the milatary wanted you, they took you and that was that.  They took my mom to be in the German Army at the age of eighteen.
     My mom loves the Lord and going to Church means a lot to her, so when she found out that she wasn't allowed to attend a Church service for Christmas Eve, she wasn't happy about it.  My mom and a friend left the base in secret and skied down a mountain to a Church in town.  After the service, they walked in the cold, dark night back up the mountain, As she tells it, she could hear animal sounds in the woods, so they sang to keep their minds off the noises.
     It was discovered that they had left and when they got back to base, they got disciplined.  They had to clean all the bathrooms on Christmas Day.
     To me this shows a real love for God.  I'm so happy to have a mother that was a good example.

No comments:

Post a Comment