Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Through The Years

     I met me husband, Mark in February of 1989.  I had been married for ten years before that, and I had three kids, Christina, Joe and Elizabeth.  Mark had two kids, Melody and Nick.  Nick was just a baby when I met Mark, Elizabeth was five, Joe was seven and Christina was nine.  Mark and I got very close, very fast.  We met in February and moved into our first apartment together, in June.  We had a turbulent first year, then I gave my life to Jesus and Mark re-committed.
     1990-1994, Mark and I had a sign business.  We had quite a bit of work but we still struggled financially.  We had our kids every weekend and every other week in the summer.  We all attended a church in Downey.  Mark and I were very involved in that Church.  Mark played on the worship team and I had a prayer line.  We were both on the board.
     1994, I gave birth to Elijah.  During that year, mark suffered with bad headaches and leg swelling.  He was tired all of the time.  Our sign business started to do very well, we just had a hard time getting all the work done, between mark being sick and the new baby.
     In November of 1994, I found out that I was pregnant, again, and within a week, Mark found out that he had hepatitis, C.  He also had very high blood pressure and high cholesterol.  He began taking a large amount of medications for his health problems.
     1995, Michael was born.  We had to quit the sign business because Mark was to sick to do it anymore.  We both got on SSI.
     All my life I have suffered with depression and anxiety, and in 1999, I started taking medication for it.  I tried many different kinds and finally got on something that helped, somewhat.
     2000, we moved from Anaheim to Buena Park, where we now live.  Elizabeth moved in with us full time.  The boys grew up here and except for kindergarten, they both went to school in Buena Park.  Nick also moved in for a couple of years.
     2006, Mark had open heart surgery, and while he was in the hospital, his kidneys failed.  He stayed in the hospital for a whole month.  When he got out, he started having dialysis, three times a week.  After about a year on hemo dialysis, he went on to peritoneal dialysis, and I did this at home for him.
     2008, my dad died, after six month of being bed ridden.  I was over there two times every day, helping out, it was a hard time for me.  Mark was in and out of the hospital a lot, and he got a bad infection in his peritoneal, after having surgety to remove his gallbladder.  We took classes and I learned how to do hemo dialysis for Mark, and I did his dialysis for about six months.  It was very difficult and I couldn't continue, so he went back into the center for dialysis.  He is still going three times a week.
     2011, I started the blog.  I know I'm not a writer, but I do have stories to tell.  Please let me know if you enjoy them.  I would love to hear from you.  Thanks for visiting and please come back!  Connie K Cameron.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment