Saturday, November 12, 2011

Kidney Infection

     In April of 1990, I got a kidney infection.  I had a fever of 104, and my back hurt so bad that my husband Mark, took me to the emergency room.  They prescribed antibiotics.  For two days, it was a struggle just getting out of bed, and I wasn't able to work for a full week.
     I was saved in April of 1992.  I felt full of faith and I totally believed that Jesus healed.  Shortly after that, I got another kidney infection.  As before, Mark wanted to take me to the emergency room.  I said, "No."  I asked him to pray for me.  We agreed that if he prayed and I wasn't better in two hours, I would let him take me to the emergency room.  I had a 104 fever and I could hardly walk.  I felt totally desperate for God to heal me, and I had no doubt that He would.
     Two hours later, Mark took my temperature.  It had gone down and the pain was subsiding.  The next morning, the pain was completely gone, I was thoroughly healed!  In fact, I never felt better.  I felt so good, Mark and I went to work sign painting.  We worked more than eight hours that day, up and down the ladders, painting windows and I felt great.
     That was a real miracle, but soon after, I did something totally dumb, I started to doubt.  I started to think maybe it was the garlic that I took and the cramberry juice that I drank.  Thinking that, was a big mistake.
     Wouldn't you know it, April of 1994 I got another kidney infection. I was pregnant at the time.  Mark said a prayer for me, but I didn't feel as desperate as before, because I was taking garlic and drinking cranberry juice.  I was putting my faith in that cranberry juice and garlic instead of God.   Over the next week, I got worse until I had a fever of 104, and I was desperate for God to heal me.  I asked God to forgive me and I knew that if I was going to get better It was going to be because of Jesus and what he did on the cross. 
     God did heal me, but it wasn't that dramatic total, I feel 200 percent better, healing.  I did realize at that moment that the cranberry juice did nothing the last time, it was God in all his glory.  Soon after the healing, I had to see an OB because I was pregnant.  She asked if I had any health problems since I became pregnant.  I told her about the kidney infection.  The doctor asked how I got rid of it.  I said, "Cranberry juice, garlic and God."  She said that it must have been God, because there is no way cranberry juice and garlic would get rid of a kidney infection.
     1 Peter 2: 24, "He Himself bore our sins, in His body on a tree so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness, and by His wounds you have been healed."

No comments:

Post a Comment