Saturday, November 19, 2011

Making Cheese

     Jesus said that we can have what ever we want, If we have enough faith.  And it doesn't take a whole lot,  just faith the size of a mustard seed is enough to move a mountain.  How do we get that faith?
     Romans 10:17, "Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ."
     The word of Christ is the Bible.  We read the Bible and we receive and build faith.
     When I first became a believer, I was on fire for God!  I read the Bible every day, watched Christian shows, rented Christian movies, listened to Christian music and bought all the books I could get my hands on.  One day our van broke down.  Now we needed that van to get to our sign jobs and we relied on the van for our income.  We weren't making a lot of money so the van not running was a very bad thing.
     The first thing we did after trying to start the van was to pray.  My husband, Mark, and I said I long strong prayer.  The next thing we did was walk around the van seven times, still praying, like Joshua did around the walls of Jericho.  We must have looked silly out in the back of our apartment complex, walking around our van, hands in the air, but we didn't care.  Yet to our dismay, the van didn't start.
     The van did eventually get fixed but not in the supernatural way we had been hoping for.  I'm still not sure what we did wrong, or should I say, what we didn't do right.
     A couple of months ago, Mark and I studied some articles on how to make Mozzarella cheese.  It sounded a  bit complicated, but we were up for the chalange.  We got the items that we needed to make cheese over a period of a week.  Then we got a couple of gallons of milk the day we were going to make our cheese.  We mixed everything together, just as the recipe said to do, we brought the milk to the right temperature, we had bought a thermometer just for this occasion.  We used the right kind of pot,  the right kind of milk, the right ingredients, we followed the instructions, every one of them.  We waited for the mixture to cool, we checked the milk, it still wasn't cheese, we failed!  We never did find out what we did wrong, but we haven't given up.  We are planning to try again after some more studying.
     You know, the same goes for faith.  Walking around our van and praying wasn't enough to get our van running, and I'm certain there are people that have tried to move a mountain with their faith, fail or not, I don't know.  What I do know is that we should never stop trying.  What I also know is that there are people that make cheese every day, for them it might seem simple.  Mark and I just couldn't do it on our first try.  Whether it is cheese or faith, or getting our van running, learning should not stop until we reach the finish line, and win our prize of everlasting life with our Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment