Sunday, October 16, 2011

By Faith

     Hebrews 11: 1, "Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see."  "Faith comes from hearing the message and the message is heard through the word of Christ," Romans 10: 17.  I grew up in the Catholic Church, my parents were both Catholic and I can remember going to Church every Sunday and to Catholic Bible class on Saturday morning.  I was baptized in the Church and had first communion in the Church.  I learned all the stories, Noah and the ark, Daniel and the lions den, and of course, Jesus.  but in my heart, the stories were just that, nice stories.
     Hebrews 11: 6, "Without faith it is impossible to please God.  Because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him."
     I was confirmed in the Catholic Church, that is another ceremony that you have when you are a teenager.  And when I got married for the first time, it was in a Catholic Church.  I always felt like it was all just something to do to be a good person.  If you were to ask, at that time, if I was saved, I would say, "I hope so."
     2 Corinthians 13: 5, Examine yourself to see whether you are in the faith; test yourself.  Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you- unless of course you fail the test."     "I have been crucified with Christ and no longer live, but Christ lives in me." Galatians 2: 20.
     I met my husband, Mark when I was 28, and I married him about a year after that.  His Mom, Mary, always talked to me about Jesus, the first time I met her she put her hands on us and said, "The blood of Jesus on you."  I asked Mark, "Did she put blood on us?"  Her stories and her passion sparked something in me.
     "Before this faith came we were held prisoners by the law.  Locked up until faith should be revealed, " Galatians 3: 23.
     I said the sinners prayer with Mark.  I said, "Lord I give my heart to you, I believe in you and I want you to live in me, come in to me now."
     Romans 1: 12, "This is , that you and I may be encouraged by each others faith."  "God has opened the door of faith to the Gentiles, " Acts 14: 27.
     If someone was to ask me if I was saved after I said the sinners prayer, I would say, "Yes, I am, thank God!"  And then we started going to Church, every Sunday and during the week for a prayer meeting.  Mark had band practice on Tuesday nights.  I loved it all!
     Romans 3: 3, "What if some did not have faith?  Will their lack of faith nullify God's faithfullness?  Not at all!"
     I was healed of many things, migraines, a toothache, kidney infections.  I felt like I was filled with faith.  I had great love for Jesus and I trusted God for everything.
     "The Spirit clearly says that In the later times some will abandon the faith and follow deciving spirits and things taught by demons."  1 Timothy 4: 1.  Also Romans 14: 23 says, "everything that does not come from faith is sin."
     Our life is hard.  Mark is sick, my boys have anxiety problems, I have problems with depression.  We are financially in a bad place.  I feel like the wieight of the world is on my shoulders, and I have to constantly remind myself to give it to God.
     "I can have a faith that can move mountains but have not love,  I am nothing ." 1 Corinthians 13: 2.  1 Corinthians 13: 13, "And now these three remain: faith , hope , and love.  But the greatest of these is love."
     If I had a chance to go back in time and change anything I wanted, I wouldn't change a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment