Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Psalm 91

My husband, Mark wrote this:

     I read the psalms sometimes when I'm afraid.  The concept is of being safe, protected like a mother hen protects her chicks.  It paints a picture of rest and security, rescue from danger.  Images of standing invincible in the midst of holocaust if we make the Lord most high our dwelling place.  Angels rushing to our side to guard us against the evils that would see us destroyed.
     Daily I tread upon the lion and the cobra, my kidney disease is progressive, and fear rises up inside me when I'm alone with my thoughts, sometimes I'm covered with a blanket of dread, and I wonder.... I read this psalm when I'm afraid.  In it God tells me that I am not alone in my trouble, that he will deliver me, and satisfy me with a long life.
     When I finish reading this psalm, I'm no longer afraid.  Fear melts away.  Peace calms my mind, and I lose myself in the rapture that is God.

No comments:

Post a Comment