Monday, October 3, 2011

The Program

     If it was your job to come up with a TV add for a weight loss program, how would you handle it?  Who would you get to be in your commercial, to be your spokes person?  Maybe someone tan and muscular with a flawless body?
     I would like to think of myself as a spokes person for Christanity, so I thought that the best way to attract people to God, was for them to see my flawless life.  I don't believe that way anymore, and that is a good thing because, I don't have a flawless life.
     Let's use the weight loss add for an example again.  You turn on your TV and see someone with the perfect body, saying, "Try my weight loss program!"  You might think, "Yeah, right, that person looks like they have never had a problem with weight in their life."  That add wouldn't sell me, because it's not believable.
     So using the weight loss add as my Christian spokes person eye opener, I started to think about the adds that I feel are the most effective.  I noticed that the one that got my attention started out with a real person who felt they had a real problem.  This person told about their struggles with their weight, also how it has effected their life and health.  Then the add showed the same person after going through the program.  This same person talked about how much better thay felt and how their life had changed.
     I could see the difference in this person, so I could believe the progress that they said they had made.  It was real, and I could tell.
     I may feel uncomfortable telling people my sins, doubts and weaknesses, but those are what show that I am a real person, just like everyone else.  I also believe showing that I am human, is an effective way to attract people to God.  After all, if He loves me with all of my flaws, He can love anyone!  And what could be better than someone seeing my problem areas, then see the progress as Jesus helps me to over come those weak spots.

No comments:

Post a Comment