Monday, October 17, 2011

The Tongue

My husband Mark wrote this:

     "The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat it's fruit."  Proverbs 18: 21
     Here in lies wisdom, the ability to control the tongue.  How brutal, or how lovely the words can be that are formed and set into motion via one small muscular organ.  Sometimes I think, then I realize my tongue has already spoken.  And as my brain realizes what I've said, I find, though less often having learned some degree of control, That the damage has already been done.  My wife can attest to the fact that I have frequently suffered from, "Foot in mouth disease."
     Although I don't consider myself a religious man, I do feel close to God.  What I have learned in my life is the tongue has great power.  A passage in the Bible compares it to the rudder of a great ship; such a small thing can steer the course of a huge vessel.  What we say can steer the course of our lives.
     I guess the point I'm trying to make is that one should be aware that the tongue releases the contents of the speaker, and has the capability to do great harm, or great good, it is something to be mastered.

No comments:

Post a Comment