Friday, October 7, 2011

Friendship Tested

My beautiful daughter, Christina Beebe, wrote this next story.

     I was living in a little apartment with three Church friends.  We lived right down the street from the minister and his wife.  So needless to say, we were watched a bit more closely than other households.  It happened that a close friend of mine in the Church, decided to leave that particular Church.  She was going through a rough time psychologically.  (I didn't know at the time, she was coming down with schizoaffective disorder.)  It was told to me by my household and the ministers wife that if I continued to spend time with my friend who had left the Church that I would be kicked out of my household.
     My friend was going through a really hard time and I was her closest friend.  How could I just abandon her at this difficult time in her life?  I refused to give up on my friend, and was kicked out of that household.  My friend soon sought professional help and was diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder.  She had expressed her gratitude for my consistent friendship, even through the hardest time in her life, that I did not abandon her when everyone else wrote her off.
     I feel God does that with me.  Even when it feels like no one could possibly understand, God sticks it through with me through every time.  And sometimes my relationship with God is tested to see if I'm true blue committed to my relationship with him.  I hope to always pass the test.

No comments:

Post a Comment