Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The Last Migraine

     I got my first migraine when I was in sixth grade.  I didn't know what it was.  I got a spot in my vision and at that time, when the spot went away, I got a terrible headache.  My Mom told me what was happening to me.  She had migraines before me.  At that time I got about one a year.
     The migraines increased in amount and in intensity, in my twenties.  I started getting them about one a month when I was pregnant with my first three kids.  The pain was worse and not only did I get a spot in my vision and the headache that came after, but in between, I got a numbness in my face and hands, and I also got very confused.  The new symptom scared me, so I saw a doctor.  The doctor basically said that there was nothing she could do.  That was the early 80s
     By the time I was 30, I was getting a migraine a week.  They cut into my work and made my life miserable.  I did find that caffeine helped a bit, but they would still put me in bed for a whole day.
     August of 1992, my husband, Mark, and I were in the middle of painting a banner, when I got the telling, spot.  I knew what was going to follow, and of course it did.  I got the numbness, and the confusion and then the very painful, headache.  I asked Mark to, "Please pray for me!"  I had faith that the prayer would help, it had before, but this time Mark got his Mom to pray, also.  Marks Mom, Mary is a strong Christian, I just knew her prayers would get rid of the pain that day.  The real miracle was that their prayers not only got rid of the pain, but I haven't had a migraine for 19 years, Thank God!

No comments:

Post a Comment