Tuesday, October 4, 2011

God's Got My Back

My wonderful daughter, Elizabeth Bien, wrote this next story.

     I believe that if we are not trusting God with our minor problems, then He is going to make us trust Him, by giving us so much that there is nothing left to do but give it to the Lord.
     Before we were going to move to our new apartment, our problems were, "Money will be a little tight after buying school supplies."  And, "I really need to clean my apartment."  I thought I was stressed, Ha!  God was telling me to trust Him and things will be fine, but I didn't listen!
     To my surprise, my husband, Curtis, found tons of mold, while he was painting our new place.  Curtis got three tickets in two days.  We were told we couldn't stay in our present apartment because it had already been rented out.  We were not going to get our money that we paid our other landlord back, and so on and so on!
     Finally it was too much for me to handle, I asked everyone to pray.  I wiped my swollen red eyes, and I gave it to the Lord.  It was hard to loosen my grip on my problems, but I did it!
     After all the prayers went out for us, I found out that I can get my license back, so I can drive Curtis.  The people that were going to move into our apartment backed out, so we get to stay where we are.  And the owner of the moldy place, brought us a check for the deposit and rent we paid and he even paid Curtis for painting that apartment!
     God definitely taught me a lesson.  I'm not going to sweat the small stuff.  It's not worth it but also, God's got my back!  I know I will still worry and stress, but at least for now, I realize that I can't take it on myself, only the Lord can!  He can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment