Wednesday, October 12, 2011

A Record Of Wrongs

     I am still learning to listen for Gods voice.  I am also learning to be obedient to God.  One thing that I have learned is; what might seem like foolishness to some is not foolishness, if God tells you to do it.
     My husband Mark, and I were arguing, I was growing tired of the argument so I prayed, "God, tell me how to end this argument."  I got a strong feeling to just let it go.  So I went to Mark and I said I was sorry.  He accepted my apology, but I just felt that things weren't right  We were still being cold to each other.  I didn't know what to do, so again, I prayed for Gods help.  I got an answer that I wasn't expecting and I just didn't see how it would change anything.
     I had been keeping a diary, actually more like a record of wrongs.  I told myself that I needed it to show Mark all the things that I felt he was doing wrong.  Then God spoke to me, "Get rid of the diary."  But stubborn me, I couldn't see how that would change anything.  But the next morning I did tear up the diary and I threw it in the trash.
     A half an hour later, Mark came to me and asked, sweetly, "Can we start over?"  Wow!  We forgave each other and decided to recommit to each other and build a stronger relationship.
     Tearing up some papers didn't seem like an answer to me.  I thought that I had to be in control and that I had to show Mark a thing or two.  But being obedient was more important than being right.  And to my surprise, God worked fast and perfectly.
     Here is a list of a few other things that I learned that will help a relationship:
     1. Submit yourself to God
     2. Always seek Gods answer in everything
     3. Encourage, don't tear down
     4. Get rid of all frustration and anger
     5. Don't ignore bad things, because they will eventually build up inside of you.  Defend your position in love and peace, without anger for the health of the relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment